Thursday, February 20, 2014

GOD, TEACH ME




-------------------
When I saw this in my inbox this morning, I couldn't let it go. It's such a beautiful prayer. Such blessed comfort. Had to bring it here because I know that somebody somewhere today needs to see this too. Blessings to you all!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

God teach me to be patient, teach me to go slow,
Teach me how to wait on You when my way I do not know.

Teach me sweet forbearance when things do not go right
So I remain unruffled when others grow uptight.

Teach me how to quiet my racing, rising heart
So I might hear the answer You are trying to impart.

Teach me to let go, dear God, and pray undisturbed until
My heart is filled with inner peace and I learn  to know Your will

By Helen Steiner


(Thanks, Mr. Quote Man; it's appreciated. And thanks to the internet for such apt images.)


2 comments:

  1. I was looking for your usual footnote or annotation that explained and embellished the quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one didn't need it. Because it says it all. But thanks, KP; I will take that as a compliment. Thank you. :-) Have a blessed day.

      Delete

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!