Monday, March 12, 2018

DON'T FRET OVER THINGS YOU CAN'T CHANGE



---------------
I have been through a lot in life and this I'll say I could have been better off if I had learned not to be overly anxious, be a worry-wart, or be intensely wanting to change those things which basically I had no control over. Things which would not budge the slightest no matter the push, nudge, coaxing, or persuasion. Things which I thought would improve or be better off with my 'genius' (a human frailty we're all known for, one of many, also called ego) or influence. But then such effort would predictably only lead to mere frustration, disappointment, irritation, and anger, I learned soon enough.

Mom, I remember, watching on the sidelines (whenever such situations would arise) would simply smile quietly knowing me well as a hot-bed-of-lava in temper erupting with the slightest provocation, good or bad. The reason why my kid brother and I had our frequent spats in the house, mainly my fault. But love was always there; Mom made sure of that.

But I grew up and shed off layers which I finally realized didn't serve me well. Life, after all, is all about learning.. unlearning.. relearning. Mom made sure I didn't forget that too, of course.

I'm singling out these lines which I have stumbled upon while cruising down the internet. To quote....
...
"In business or in life, focus on the things which you have control over. Don't fret over things you can't change or influence, no matter how you try. Things you have no control over. Because it probably was meant for somebody else --- a path for him to handle or cross, his (or her) learning, milestone, success or downfall. So do you in your own journey." - Unknown
...
Does that make you think? It did to me.

Have a great day, folks. Make today matter with your best. God bless you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!