Wednesday, July 15, 2020

WORRY IS NOT A SOLUTION


I remember this from long ago: 

 👉"Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, but only empties today of its strength."                        -- (Charles Spurgeon) 

 It's a person's nature to worry, he'll worry about something, anything, everything but he sure will worry. I should know cos am one of the thousands of worrywarts on this planet. But I do know one thing too -- you can't make things good or right by worrying. It won't make problems disappear either. It will instead make the burden seem heavier than it actually is.

Until I learned something that changed all that for me. Thanks to Mom who showed me its power as she dealt with the challenges in her life. Oh no, the problems didn't vanish into thin air. It doesn't work that way. Though it can and will if Someone up there says so.. but it won't most times for a reason.

Mom was a Supergirl to my eyes.. but her kryptonite was her armor of prayer. She took on every battle or challenge armed with a prayer. Brave, courageous, patient, steady under fire... she held on to her prayer.

I may not have undetstood how the answers to her prayer came (wondered as a young child back then) ... but that special look in her eyes told me she had her answers.

So.....try prayer. 🙏





2 comments:

  1. Agree about that anxiety. It gets you nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for dropping by and your comment. Oh yes indeed, anxiety gets you nowhere.

      Delete

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!