Sunday, June 4, 2017

THOUGHTS SPOKE -- THE HEART RESPONDED



Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor, nature and water 
 
 Image may contain: cloud, sky, text and outdoor 
 
 

------------------
Thoughts Slid Into My Mind
And My Heart Responded

I may have wanted things moving faster today to get to the point I wanted to get to pronto. I wanted things to happen fast.... progress quicker..... and move along without delay.


But no, it would not do that. At least not today.

Instead today I was made to be still and watch the clouds go by..... listen to a gentle breeze blowing..... catch a yellow butterfly flit quickly by my window..... hear the chatter of humans going about the clutter of their day..... listen to a beautiful melody on the radio..... share smiles with friendly neighbors walking by my house..... and listen to my heartbeat saying "Be still."

So I did.

It took much effort because I was weary, exasperated, and drained by the slowness of the day..... of life.

And I met God. He asked me this question.....
"Why do you fret and worry?"

I replied, "There is so much to worry about. Life is not funny. I respond to it in the only way I know how. How else can I not be?"

He smiled and softly said, "Try responding with a little bit more of faith."

And added with a noticeable tiny yet gentle reproach.....
"Be still, my child, and know that I am God."


Indeed God is there even in the slowness of the day or hour. You will find Him when you seek Him with your heart.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!