Thursday, December 15, 2011

TALENTS DIFFER - ALL IS WELL AND WISELY PUT

I was watching children playing out on the street close to the house one day. Overheard were older boys taunting a smaller kid who looked so helpless and defeated. Something they felt he wasn't capable of doing and which apparently they thought they did better if not best.

I feel so bad for the little kid, in fact for anyone who is at the end of such mean taunting or ridicule.

Frankly, that also happens in our adult world.... in different versions but with the same end result of making the object feel so unworthy - inadequate - dejected - and miserable.

But you know what, it is true that maybe the little kid wasn't capable of whatever it was the older boys could do better. Yet I am also sure that the small fella won't be so small with what he would know best too. He has it in him (God put it there) and one day he will find out what... if he hasn't already.

Let's be kind to one another. Because who you think is inferior to you might be quite superior in things you know nothing about. There's more to gain with kindness. Knowledge or talent is the monopoly of none. God wisely made sure of that.

Quoting here wonderful lines along that same thought ........

"If I'm not as large as you,
You are not as small as I,
And not half as spry,
Talents differ, all is well and wisely put;
If I cannot carry forests on my back,
Neither can you crack a nut."

Lifted from Emerson's poem -- Fable
(a quarrel between the mountain and a squirrel)


Unquote.

Big thanks to a good friend who sent the poem to me today.
Blessings to everyone. All the best for you this holiday season.

10 comments:

  1. A nice post.Each one is endowed with a special skill.Comparisons are meaningless.There is no place for jealousy.To do well and sincerely what is assigned to one is the highest form of worship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true Ms.Ellen..I have grown up to be bullied by my classmates because I was so skinny white before and they will tease me that I am a skeleton grrrrr..they would often not include me in games because they say I am weak and even get my baon and worst spit on me..ay bad..

    I was also child abused by my Mom when I was a child so it added up to my inferiority complex as I grew old..

    All of us have been created in a unique way and all of us has our own talents..we maybe weaker on some aspects but all of us have been given a gift, a talent from God.Sometimes the best way to fight back is being silent and proving to them that we can be our best on our own fields ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi KP! You say it so beautifully.. "To do well and sincerely what is assigned to one is the highest form of worship." Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to see you again, Sie! :-) My heart goes out to you and for what you have gone through in life. But you surely are made of good and strong stuff because look who you are now and where you are at. Praise God! You are an inspiration. Blessings to you and your children. Hugs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. true..everyone is special and unique creation of god and be treated such.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen,

    Welcome back. So true. Each one has something or the other which he or she excels in and we must give due credit for that.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Renu! So nice to see you. :-) Delighted by your visit. Take care and blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jack, thanks! Glad to be back after a brief spell and delighted to see you here. Thanks for sharing on the subject. Your thoughts are appreciated. God bless you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No doubt each idividual is blessed with unique capabilities :) Merry x-mas and have ablast :)

    Just take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chakoli,

    Lovely to see you. Been quite a long time. You are missed, Life's been keeping you pretty busy it seems. :-) Take care.

    Wish you a Merry and Blessed Christmas... to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!