Friday, July 17, 2015

LOVING YOUR JOB IS THE PREREQUISITE FOR A JOB WELL DONE





Many years ago when I was in my first job, I would often sit by myself wracking my brains dry trying to figure out the what-and-how of doing a great job. One day Mom, having noticed my bewilderment and anxiety, came to me, sat down, and said............. 'The only way to do a great job is to love it and give it your best shot. Even the geniuses of men with all their brilliance won't make it if what they do is simply out of the exercise of competition and rivalry. That would simply be a display of lame motivation. Because the truly motivated person knows that only by genuinely loving your work..... being passionate about it..... by learning something everyday..... and sincerely caring enough to put out the very best can performance be said to be truly outstanding. So whether you are a simple janitor, street-cleaner, salesperson, the office clerk or the president of your company, loving your job is the prerequisite for a job well done. The rest will follow.'
.
I still miss her today as I did that year she left me and my brother. Life would have been so much lighter and grand with her by my side and with her bottomless stack of wisdom and care. She always had the right words, encouragement, strength, hope, faith, and positivity when my own failed. I remember best what she would always say to me............ 'Press on, Honey, got you covered with prayers.'   That made a great deal of difference in my life back then. But I have with me all those wonderful memories she left behind. I can say that with those golden memories inside my backpack, my life journey would be a breeze.
.
"Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if you are only willing to listen." -- Jimmy Buffett



4 comments:

  1. Hello Ellen, greetings and good wishes.

    Wonderful advice, very inspiring, very motivating.

    Fabulous tribute to your wonderful mother. She was a storehouse of wisdom.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joseph,

      Thank you for your kind words. She would be so delighted to read that if she were here today. Thank you!

      It is always such a pleasure to see you come by with your generous comments to the post. I truly appreciate that.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ellen, thank you for this very inspiring post. Very true to what I am currently experiencing.

    I love this phrase "loving your job is the prerequisite for a job well done. The rest will follow.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted to see you, Fhely. Thank you for liking the post. I so appreciate your kind words.

      Oh but I know you'll be fine as you give your projects your very best. I see your work on Instagram which I find truly interesting. May your every work be blessed by our God who delights in your success and happiness.

      Delete

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!