Friday, January 4, 2013

MAYBE IT'S JUST ONE-FOURTH OF A RAINBOW BUT.....


Today is January 4, 2013, Friday...........

The overcast skies above failed to dampen my resolve to get on with my usual early morning walk. Glad that I did because just about a few minutes into my walk I saw this lovely rainbow.... not a full one, not even half of it, but just one-fourth of a rainbow! But it was enough to bring a song to my heart. Because that's what a rainbow does, at least to me. It tells you so much what life is all about.... colorful, vibrant, diverse... it reminds me of newness, potential, possibilities, hope, dreams, and of God's promise that the best is yet to come.

No, it doesn't say that troubles are over or no more. What it says is that troubles will come as it always will in life but it will pass as surely as the night turns into daylight. And that we can breeze through the transition armed with courage, determination, perseverance, confidence in self, and a steadfast belief and faith in GOD. Rainbows come to seal that glorious promise of rebirth.

We should learn from the past and learn well that always at some point or other in our lives we go through --- change, transition, progress, creation and recreation. And always the movement should be forward. FORWARD. No turning back, no dwelling in the past, no looking back except to pluck out the lessons essential to our present journey.

Well, the rainbow disappeared with the rising of the glorious sun. But it succeeded what it had set out to do.... bring the song back to my heart.

I hope the first week of 2013 gave you a glimpse of the best waiting for you up ahead. If there's none yet, create it. Or just wait a wee bit more. God is definitely working on it. Believe.

Blessings to you all!





6 comments:

  1. Ellen,

    A post to my heart. Thanks a lot for supporting what I always keep saying - Let past be PAST except learn lessons from mistakes to avoid repetition.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Jack, it is so true. Nice to see you in the blog. In fact I always look forward to seeing you here. It has become a habit... lols!! Thanks for visiting every time. Blessings to you and your family.

      Delete
  2. Thanks to the quarter rainbow you saw in your early morning walk,we get packed wisdom so brilliantly said.What more can be added to the gem of your thought? Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always you are so generous and kind with your comments. Makes for such a lovely compliment and for which I thank you, KP. Blessings to you and your loved ones.

      Delete
  3. Ah what a coincidence even I have a post on Rainbow but then its a story.... but after reading your post I feel happy that its not only me everyone of us associate so much meaning about it :D... very good post thanks...

    do visit
    http://ramya-chitrana.blogspot.in/2012/12/rainbow-life.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Ramya! Blessings a hundredfold for the year and onwards. Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!