Saturday, March 7, 2015

FAITH OR NOT FAITH -- MAKE A CHOICE




---------------
Woke up to a lovely morning today..... the sun warm and shining brightly (although I may not be as perky with the sun as I am at this early hour when it gets too hot in a few hours, right?) And the thought came to my mind to write about just how wonderful life could be before the perkiness wears off! People never tire hearing or reading about joy, I believe.
.
Then she slid into my thoughts.. and my heart went thumping as it felt her pain. I know her story, I know her pain. Well, I reasoned to myself... 'You gotta be kidding! Yesterday's post was a bit on the weary side, to put it mildly. You don't intend to follow it up with another, do you?' .Yeah, I know and friends may think of skipping the reading on this one. That's okay, too.'
.
But....
.
The tiny unexplained nudge is there to write it just the same. I guess this time.. this is meant for her. So pardon me, my friends, but I have to write....
......................................................................
Dear Friend,
.
Remember the story of Mary and Martha? Jesus said something to Martha who was so busy with chores in the kitchen. Here's how it must have meant ..from the book 'Good Morning... God'.
.......
"As I said to Martha, I say to you -- don't worry so about all the little details of life. Leave those things to Me. Lay them aside, sit at My feet in your spirit and learn more from Me. That is the important part of life. Then the doing of My will, the obedient, happy trust will follow as a result of your following Me.
.
I know and care more about the details of your life than you will ever know. I am always there before you, working things out." ------ Ref: Luke 10:41-42

..............................................................................
.
Maybe this is not what you may want to here. Maybe you would rather hear someone tell you that he sent over some tangible thing to help you with your problems. That too is good; be thankful. But you can't have that everyday as you work out things hour after hour, week after week, day after day. It's not there 24/7... neither is it a bottomless pit of security and assurance, as the human mind would like to think it is.
.
Yet, on second thought, that too may be God working in your life. His ways are not our ways, His thoughts not our thoughts. But definitely He works things out for the better good. Positively.
.
We see our troubles as pain, discomfort, struggles and strife.... He sees it as golden opportunities to transform a person to good.. better... and best.
.
Life, as we have been told often, is not easy; it never is. We all go through the eye of the needle before we can enjoy the rewards promised us. We all must go through the fire of testing. But what can get us from here to there? FAITH. Faith is our inheritance as children of God. It's God's gift to us. It's ours!
.
I write not to offer you magic solutions to your cares and woes, which incidentally I too have (and so do the rest of humanity), but to offer you ----- God's magnificent love for you. YOU!
.
We are just a speck -- a tiny dot -- as a minute grain of sand ----- in this whole wide immeasurably huge Universe but can you believe this??? ..... that God sees us? hears us? pays attention to us? and loves us so much that He sent His Son to save us? Oh wow, that is B-I-G!! ----- It's like that lab guy with his microscope zooming in on a tiny object under his lens --- magnified several hundred times?! The lab guy is God... that tiny object is you -- me -- and the rest of the human race. Isn't that fantastic!?! It's mind-blowing!
.
Think about it. And our problems... well yes, they could hurt us, beat us to the ground, make us cry rivers of tears, make us bitter till our eyes drop, rouse anger and hate within us turning us into monsters to our family and friends, and too make us wish that comets come crashing down on earth and splinter it to pieces along with our problems. Hey wait, us too?! Awww c'mon spare us, right?! But....
.
God is bigger than all those combined a hundred times over.... or even a million. He's not a small God. Don't make Him small.
.
Keep up the faith. It's the best you, me, and everybody can do. Without faith.. there is nothing. With God.. everything is possible. God bless YOU!
.
Hugs, friends. Thank you for being patient. Blessings to you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!