Friday, June 8, 2018

IT'S THE ACTION, NOT THE FRUIT OF THE ACTION, THAT'S IMPORTANT

-------------
Was sitting by the window watching the activity out on the street. An elderly woman was berating a child. I could see from the kid's face that she was hurt bad by the mean words heaped on her. Gosh, why can't the woman be more kinder to the child?! That image stuck to my mind long after they had passed my view. Peculiarly, thoughts came streaming down my mind but this one stood out the most, written some years ago.......
.
""I was reading the book 'Chicken Soup.
..' (Jack Canfield & Mark Victor Hansen) and this got my attention. Beautiful lines, I must say. Allow me to quote......
.
..."It's the action, not the fruit of the action, that's important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there'll be any fruit. But that doesn't mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result." ---- Gandhi
.
The quote wrapped up a beautiful article with this title --- 'PRACTICE RANDOM KINDNESS AND SENSELESS ACTS OF BEAUTY'. (by Adair Lara) I suggest that you include this in your list of must-read books. It's a gem.
.
Random kindness could be a warm smile given the cashier behind the counter.... helping pick up groceries that dropped to the floor from an old lady's shopping cart..... offer up a snack to the cable guy who comes over to fix your cable lines under the relentless hot summer sun.... and many more we can do for people and also to our four-legged friends.
.
Let me tell you this story.......
.
I was at a department store and was finished with my shopping as I lined up for my turn at the cashier. I noticed that the cashier seemed weary and tense and bit her lip at some points in every transaction. 'Must be having a hard day.' I thought to myself. But every time she pursed her lip a dimple surfaced at the corners of her mouth. Pretty but it was an on-and-off show. Then my turn came and I paid for my items. While she was making change I remarked smilingly ...
.
'That's a pretty dimple you have there, young lady. You remind me of my mom when she smiles."
.
She looked at me apparently surprised but only for a minute. Because out burst forth one of the prettiest smiles I have ever seen in that store that afternoon!
😊🌹👍""




1 comment:

  1. An interesting discussion is worth comment. I believe that you need to write extra on this subject, it might not be a taboo topic however typically people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers online gambling

    ReplyDelete

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!