Thursday, January 31, 2008

GO AHEAD AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR LIFE



(Last of short series)

I’ve got a hero in my neighborhood. He is one of the early residents of our subdivision. His house is just across the street from our place. We moved in here about 20 years ago when the girls where then kids -- Small place in a quiet neighborhood.

He is special. When we would knock on his door because the car won’t start or the washing machine got stuck or we had a short circuit… he would waste no time coming to the rescue.

Recently my family and I had the good fortune of meeting this lady doctor who looked after my husband during his illness last November. She’s remarkable -- a fine model of her profession -- The epitome of professionalism with a heart.

And too have met this kind gentleman and doctor who is also a celebrity on the side, I call him the singing doctor -- Lols Sweet person, intelligent, and with a heart of gold. If the lady doctor is remarkable, this wonderful human being is incredible in such a magnificent way.

I have this close friend who is so sweet, simple, intelligent, and compassionate. She would rally to your side when you need someone close and would even part with her last dollar in her purse if you need it. She’s a treasured friend.

There are others more working back in the past years of my life. They are all appreciated but sadly most of them have moved on somewhere and we have lost touch. Life took them to other journeys I suppose.

In the present time, more have revealed their extraordinary qualities in small or big measure. They're lovely people. These I have mentioned here I treasure dearly in my heart. Not just because they shared their intrinsic goodness with me and my family but more so for their genuine value as individuals – as persons who were not afraid to be different and stood 10 feet tall in our life.

“I am only one, but still I am one;
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something;
And because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.”

--- Edward Everett Hale


These outstanding people have spoken well… not necessarily with words but with their deeds. Everything that they do are signed and sealed with their beautiful hearts. They're my heroes. May God bless them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!