What am I looking at right now?
- Tall fruit trees growing in my neighbor’s yard across the street
- Maxie, my pet dog, taking her afternoon nap on the floor
- My daughter washing the dishes in the kitchen
- A dozen books of popular titles and authors lined up on my bookshelf
- The telephone sitting quietly in the corner of the room
- My favorite neck pillow arched comfortably on the armrest of the chair
So what do I see in them?
- I see the able and gentle nurturing hands of my neighbor in those trees. The trees have grown tall and bear good fruit. This nurturing surely can only come from a good kind caring soul. And truly they are! –-- in many ways which could fill up pages if I were to list them all down. Truly that a friend in need is a friend indeed.
- I see the devotion and love in Maxie which sadly is often found lacking in people. She was given to us by a friend --- a stray pup roaming the street until this friend found her and brought her to us. Scared, bewildered, and hungry she came into our home. We soon discovered that she’s a mixed breed not a native. But now she’s happy, frisky, healthy, fiercely loyal and protective over us. Amazing what love can do.
- I see the goodness of heart in her hands. She has a gentle tender caring heart which any mother or father would be proud to have for a child. She fusses over the cooking, the washing and cleaning, the correct medications, and always keeps a watchful eye over her parents’ health comfort and safety. By the way, I have two other daughters both marvelous in their own respective ways. Truly blessings from a magnificent God.
- I see wisdom and learning within every page of those books. Wisdom constantly guiding me in this life journey ---and learning which continually serve to mold me into the person I was meant to be… according to God’s set down blueprint of my life. Yup, I’m still a work in progress.
- I see the promise of new hopes, closer ties, fresh expectations, opportunities for good, and the chance for true communication where most needed. All that would take is a call and the world suddenly opens up with vast potential, opportunities, probabilities, and possibilities. Sometimes one tiny call makes a huge difference in the life of a person waiting for that chance.
- I see peace, serenity, calm, contentment wrapped around my neck every time. And hand-embroidered on one side are the words “Sweet Dreams”. And how I do!
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
-Henry David Thoreau