Wednesday, March 26, 2008

MY SPRING HAS COME AT LAST!



While sitting in an empty garage one early evening with the gorgeous full moon above and stars glittering like diamonds up in the clear night sky… thoughts came traipsing into my mind helped along by a gentle cool night wind--- Just the perfect setting indeed. Without further ado, let’s tick off just quite a few here.

-----There was this plan to make an out of town trip to Tagaytay City where one of the country’s active volcanoes -- Taal volcano – can be found. The volcano sits smugly and unperturbed in the middle of a serene lake in full view, scary but magnificent -- Takes one’s breath away. I would love to sit at a good vantage point overlooking the lake and alongside a well-packed picnic basket with my three daughters as company. Well, their boyfriends are welcome too. Lols

-----Another thought wrested my attention away from that ideal scene –it’s the continuance of the project of compiling the writings in book form. But I think I’m getting there having already printed one year’s writings. I wanted this for my daughters as a memento. It’s something I wish that my mom did for me. She gave me wonderful and precious pearls of wisdom which helped me in my life journey. But all that was left for me were those which I could remember in my growing up years. Much of her wisdom was lost through time and forgetfulness.

-----Then my thoughts skipped to another. Where am I at now? --A question that popped in so suddenly. And it was here that my rambling thoughts finally stayed.

Yes, so where am I now?

Nature is an imitation of life. Don’t we all know that? As it changes with every season, so does life. I understand that the glorious season of spring has come upon us now as winter with its cold has gone.

I can lay claim to that winter of my life too which was gleaned from the previous blog written (several if I may say so myself). The winter of misery, despair, cold isolation, desolation, loneliness, anguish, sadness, and grief which my family and I went through some months ago.

But... allow me to say this too…

That I can now lay claim to spring which has settled into our lives bringing with it new hopes, strength, courage, faith, and of being fearless and confident in treading new ground to the unfamiliar future.

This wondrous spring of our lives as seen in the laughter and smiles of my family, in the twinkle in my girls’ eyes, in the hopeful plans they make for tomorrows, in their fresh thrust at work, in the continuing expression of support and encouragement from good friends (they never left us), in the renewed ability to enjoy the simple joys of each day, in the increased wisdom of letting go and letting God.My spring has come at last!!


"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant:
If we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."

-- Anne Bradstreet


No comments:

Post a Comment

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!