Friday, August 29, 2008

CHANGING HOW YOU THINK - CHANGES THINGS



"You are the embodiment of the information you choose to accept and act upon. To change your circumstances you need to change your thinking and subsequent actions." -- Adlin Sinclair

When I get some bit of bad news, I immediately feel bad about it and behave like I was hit by a huge brick on the head. It eats me up and I begin to act the way I feel. But that isn’t always the smart or wise thing to do. It could be lots better of course, at least in my reaction towards it so that its negativity won’t have to affect or influence me or my day or my life to an extent. So have I learned? Yes, I have; to change the effect of bad news, I need to change my attitude towards it or my way of thinking. It’s somebody else’s bad news. All that I can give to it is sympathy understanding compassion and prayer. I could too do my bit to help alleviate the other person’s pain but there’s only so much that I can do or anyone can do, for that matter. Realizing that then releases me from having to wrestle with odd or unnecessary emotions which shouldn’t be there anyway. Because, truth is, the other person has to deal with the bad news himself his way. He alone will have to extract the lessons that he should be learning – that’s the reason why it’s there – solely for his learning. God meant it that way, you know. This business of living it’s all for the purpose of making ourselves grow – become better. There’s no sidetracking that Divine plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!