Saturday, August 15, 2009

SET YOUR SAILS TO THE WIND -- ANCHOR YOURSELF ON GOD

No matter how you look at it, God’s presence is in everything. I can’t imagine seeing something in which God didn’t form or create with His own hands. Or have planned. Everything good comes from Him. As for the seemingly ‘bad’ which happens to people to life, I expect opposing points of view. I have no intention though to argue because it is alright to have different perceptions on the matter. My idea is that seeing God’s hand in ‘misfortune’ can be understood with the heart, not with the mind. Ofttimes we've been told that everything happens for a reason. Just as Ravi, blogger friend, said in his blog 'there are no accidents' in life. I believe so too.

Whatever the name each of us may know Him to be, he still is the same one God who holds us individually and collectively --regardless of race, color, or creed -- right there in the palm of his able hands.

You know, although God gave us our minds, I think He operates on the level of our hearts. This is where we can easily talk with Him and through which He prefers to communicate with us. So if you are seeking for reasons or explanations to your 'misfortunes', seek it in your heart. You'll find your God there and have your chat with Him. It works.

I have gone through many storms in my life but I learned to anchor my heart on God. Strong furious winds buffeted my sails and huge waves rocked my ship but truly my anchor kept me safe and steady through it all. Honestly, I won't have it any other way!


6 comments:

  1. Hey Ellen,

    Thanks for sharing..I don't have any points to share in this, as i don't have belief in god..

    Have a nice time with ur family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen,

    Your topic is wonderful. And i am sure if i too remember the words though i too feel his presence in all my trying times nothing in this world can come in between my devotion towards him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pramoda,

    It is pleasure enough to see you come by with your comment. A person's beliefs are a personal thing and I respect that. :-) May God bless you and your family with peace and happiness for all the years of your lives. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those words you've said, Pearl. To quote you: "..I feel his presence in all my trying times.." That is so true. When all else fails, when friends have deserted, when everything seems to be lost and nothing seems to work... God keeps his promise to '..never forsake us..' And truly as he promises, he lifts us up and renews our strength courage hope and faith.

    May God bless you, Pearl, for standing firm in your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen, this was a timely post for me. I appreciate your encouragement to anchor oneself in God. May God richly bless you,

    Colleen
    www.summercircuitrider.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Colleen,

    Welcome to my blog! Thank you for your message. Yes, God is and should be our true anchor in life. Otherwise we'd be fumbling and stumbling our way around. :-)

    Be seeing you in your blog. And I hope you come visit again soon. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!