Thursday, September 20, 2012

GRATITUDE TAKES YOU TO BETTER PLACES



One of the things I enjoy doing on a free day is find a nice spot in the garage to sit and watch the day move along out on the street. Of course, the dogs Buddy and Lucky would be there with me.... Buddy rubbing his head against my side while Lucky doing her happy dance of welcome.

There is something so special in that when the usual cares and woes of the day agree to recede far in the background and allow the pleasure of uninterrupted bliss and peace. This is what we need. If it does not present itself to us then we must go seek it out.

Sitting there did far more than I expected. I thought it was just simply fresh air, sunlight, green trees, chirpy birds and happy dogs but it turned out to be more than that. My mind was leaping from one thought to another similar to Lucky's happy dance.

The thoughts.....

How wonderful the blue skies with cotton-like clouds gliding through sometimes making out figures from the fairy tales of my childhood.

How soothing the touch of the fresh gentle breeze on my face with memories of what it was like walking by the seashore in my grandfather's hometown.

How interesting to see the bunch of trees in my neighbor's backyard with their interplay of growth and decay. So much like life when we peel off old unworthy things from living and take in new ones moving us forward with new hope and faith.

How lovely the birds with their songs so inspiring in the thought that they do not work nor toil but are sustained in their needs by the Great One. We would be singing their song too if we learn how to work faith and trust into our relationship with our Father.


...... and how great it is to be sitting here while God puts on such a grand show. I am sure many out there near or far share this experience. And I am sure that they understand it's God's way of telling us just how special, loved, and so blessed we are. Thank you, Magnificent ONE! ...... so much!



"Gratitude can transform common days
into thanksgivings, 
turn routine jobs into joy, and 
change ordinary opportunities into blessings."   
--- William Arthur Ward
 


Blessings to you all. Enjoy your day. God is there. See Him with your heart.


(Big thanks to Mr. Quote Man for sending this quote).


 

2 comments:

  1. Ellen,

    There are so many things which we take for granted and not feel even a little to thank Almighty for blessing us with such wonderful life. One needs to be grateful not just to show but for own peace of mind too.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jack! How are you? Nice to see you.

      You know what, I have tried to visit your blog now but a warning message popped up saying... 'Malicious URL blocked'. Sad that if I can't visit your blog anymore with that problem... but only until the cause is found out. :-(

      I wish you a blessed day. Take care too.

      Delete

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!