Monday, January 26, 2015

THE WILLINGNESS TO LEARN IS A CHOICE





--------------------
"We all have to remember we have the ability to learn and grow constantly. Our minds are endless sponges for information and we can mold ourselves as we wish." -- (James Michael Sama)
--------------------------
.
Had a chat on the phone with a friend recently...
.
"So anong bago?" (So what's new?) ... I asked her good-naturedly.
.
"Ay naku, ganun pa rin!" (Same old things.) ... she replied in a monotone.
.
" Pambihira! Meron naman sigurong bago sa araw mo dyan." (C'mon, surely there must be something different today.) ... I nudged her further hoping to coax her out of her gloom.
 .
"Anong bago ka dyan! Matanda na ko noh, ano pa bang bago ang mangyayari?"  (You kidding me! What new things could happen to an oldie like me huh?!) ... she countered. Yes, she's in her sixties.
.
Well. I'll end the chat at that point though of course it went on further and she ended up laughing at herself. Thank goodness for that!! I'll give her credit for not losing her sense of humor. Pheeww!
.
Allow me now to say my thoughts ......
.
I cannot NOT learn anything or something in my day. Can't let the day and everything that's in it both old and new or good and bad to simply go pass me by. The good is for us to enjoy.. and the bad is to teach us a lesson or two. Being past one's prime does not have to mean that one stops learning or that everything else is beyond one's learning. It certainly doesn't mean that I have learned all that I should be learning either. That should be so stupid and vain of me to ever think in such manner.
.
True that to some things I can honestly say that ... I have 'been there-done that' and smile knowingly with the understanding and maturity which living through life has granted me. But to newer things or ideas my reply would be ... 'That's interesting; tell me more.' Believe me, there's so much more to learn about life that it would take a thousand life times more to learn them all. One life time is never enough. It never is. But in wanting to learn one should avoid feeling smug about the process.
.
There is so much that can happen in a day. To this I honestly say that there is plenty that would rouse your mind, heart, and soul to renew itself as the day does every morning. Each day is a treasure and you the treasure hunter will surely find your gold. But you must look hard and harder to find it. Sometimes it hides itself beneath all the dirt and mud of strife and bad news. But it's there just waiting for you to dig it out, clean it up, and be used for your own benefit and too to serve others with. Most essentially, to give glory and praise to a wonderful God who set up the day just for you. Each person among the zillions of people inhabiting the earth with his own day that's a total fit. A total fit. That's how God works.
.
Nobody is too young or too old to learn; don't let age stop you.
Blessings to you and your dear ones, friends. Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!