Monday, October 3, 2016

WHATEVER IT IS IT WILL BE GOOD. JUST LET YOUR HEART DO IT FOR YOU.



 
 
 
 
 

Long ago while sitting in a corner on top of a wooden stool with a sketch pad on my lap and pencil in my hand and wondering what it was I wanted to draw, Mama saw me from the kitchen (in this tiny humble home you can see everything just wherever you would be standing) and spoke out without moving an inch away from her cooking..... "Honey, whatever it is it will be good. Just let your heart do it for you." spoken in the dialect waray.
.
Mom was a teacher in her time. I would guess that she was a good teacher... because she was great teaching in our home. She taught me a lot about life and living, not just with words or lectures but in how she lived life herself. She also said 'life is the best teacher of all' and that 'the heart always speaks the truth'. I learned much about hard work, resourcefulness, determination, courage, hope, faith, trust, believing in your dreams, and in building dreams with and through whatever life throws at you. Life's tough, she'd say, 'very tough but it's how you respond to it which ultimately will get you where you want to be, sooner or later. You may arrive at the end with a big brass band and deafening applause.. or.. bruised and battered, weary and shaken but still in one piece. All because you learned how to respond to its challenges. And all because you listened to your heart.'
.
Time and life went by and gave me all that I needed to know and validated the lessons Mom taught. I can understand now, Mom......
.
Your heart can churn out the best masterpieces... the best achievements... the best work of your life.... the best sketches or drawings or paintings... the best music or sonata... the best speeches.... the best articles or books.... the best cooking or recipes... the best flower garden in your neighborhood... the best homilies in church... or be the best mother, father, son,or daughter, uncle or aunt, grandpa or grandma... the best employee in your department... the best salesman on the job... the best mechanic in town... the best barber in the city... the best barangay captain in the district... the best senator or congressman in the history of our congress... the best policeman or soldier on the job... the best performances onscreen or onstage... the best president or leader of a country.... the best lessons learned... the best friendships for a lifetime... the best role in life you would find yourself in and be the best person you can be, by divine design. The best not as dictated by people with their own created standards. But the best with the best of who you are in your heart. Live with your heart, lead with your heart, listen to your heart.
.
Well, I finished my sketch that day and when I showed it to her, she smiled and said "It is good." Lesson learned.
.
Unfortunately I lost all my drawings in the big flood which hit the city that month and year. I cried. But she said.... "You can always draw again."
.
She is right. We may fail on some ventures, fall from good fortune, lose precious treasures or people in our lives..... BUT..... we can rise up once more, shake the dust, and build again. That's my story; that's your story. It's our story ------ the rising, the falling, and the rising up again. But with our hearts all in one piece. Shining with our Light like never before every time! And you know what, God in all of His wisdom and magnificence put it there. Now you know you're special!
.
God bless you, my dear friends!

.
(Thanks to the internet for these wonderful images.)

4 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you have said Ms.Ellen. Yeah we fall sometimes and life is really tough but it boils down always on how we respond to it. Life is never easy but it is not too late to begin and standing up again..everyday gives us new hope..passing by Ate Ellen visiting you..sa wakas I recovered my blog and have written something and showed one of my paintings..huh life sucks sometimes but what matters is we never gave up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to see you again, Sie. 'Been a long time. Happy to know that you have your blog back.

      Thank you for taking the time to drop by and for your comment. Have been to your blog and saw the painting. Your talent's outstanding. I am hoping that you would be posting more of your paintings in your blog. Will be looking forward to it.

      Take care always. God bless you.

      Delete
  2. You are very fortunate you had a mom who was at once a teacher, a friend, a motivator, a guide and a wise mom.You had mentioned in your many posts the benign and enriching influence she had on you.I agree with what all you have said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KP! Where have you been all of this time?! You got me worried. I was beginning to think that you got sick or something.

      Indeed, Mom was the light and great love of my life. She left a void in my heart that nobody can ever fill.

      Thank you for your kind words about her. And thanks for taking the time to drop by. God bless you.

      Delete

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!