Wednesday, September 9, 2020

YOU ARE WHAT YOU FEED


πŸ€“A good friend said this (in email) ..."Len, this one has helped me a lot. Eight years ago and still doing its job now. Just to let you know. Thanks."
πŸƒ
I'll say this... honestly, it's so appreciated if someone tells me that the essence of the writing resonates in the heart, mind, and soul. It tells me this one simple thing: basically we are the same. And the writings reflect that sameness running through a person's thoughts and emotions, man or woman. Aptly then we would say "Yeah I know, been there-done that".
.
😊 Thank you very much, dear friend; appear tayo diyan.
.
☺️ Here's the story and to quote...... 

A native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he felt. He said, "I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is the loving, compassionate one."
.
πŸ™„The grandson asked him, "Which wolf will win the fight in your heart?" The grandfather answered, "The one I feed." Unquote.

.
πŸ‘‰That's a good one, don't you think? The biggest battles that we fight are those with self. Anyone who says it isn't is not paying much attention to life. Either he has got himself so entrenched in his comfort zones or is feeding something else other than the two choices mentioned in the story.. 

Remember what has been said about 'you are what you eat'? In the same sense it can be said that 'you are what you feed'. Maybe we should be asking ourselves which of the two wolves do we feed.. the vengeful, angry, violent wolf - or - the compassionate loving one?
.
😊In our everyday lives is an opportunity or several to make that choice. Mom would always remind me to choose that which would make the heavens smile. Choose that which would make you a blessing to others and to yourself as well. Be true to yourself and to others. That, I believe, is the whole point of the story of our lives.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!