Have you been through this situation -- when you come up to something so hugely confusing and mind boggling that it leaves you stunned not knowing what to do. Then suddenly something kicks you from behind and makes you say ‘Okay I’m going to DO this. No wait, I should NOT do that!’ Well, I hope that you stood your ground whatever it was you chose. You can’t backtrack if you chose the wrong one. But then as the old folks would say -- ‘one step backward for two steps forward’ – have hope.
Anyway, let’s look at these things which I have had the wonderful privilege to, see, hear, or observe. It’s also about ‘doing’ and ‘not doing’ something.
- Do make up your bed before going down to breakfast. Do not expect your mother to pick up after you every time.
- Do put on your cheeriest smile before coming into the office. Do not bring your problems to the office or vice versa. Leave problems behind.
- Do give your seat to the elderly or the handicapped on the bus. Do not expect courtesy when you don’t know how to give one yourself. Remember that people around you mirror you, good or bad.
- Do stop awhile to smell the roses. Do not ignore Mother Nature’s display of awesome beauty meant for your pleasure and enjoyment.
- Do give your job the best you’ve got. Do not regard work as the only thing there is in life. You simply are half alive if you do.
- Do humbly think of yourself as God’s special creation. Do not regard yourself as so special that anything or nobody else matters. Not even God. Because people know that isn’t true.
- Do respect all people regardless. Do not believe that your color, education, riches, talents, culture, or religion is the best. It’s what you are and not what you have or born with that people acknowledge and respect and admire.
- Do be honest, truthful, and sincere in your dealings with everyone. Do not make the other person look bad or make him feel inadequate or lead him to hate himself. How would you feel if you were in his shoes?
- Do stick to your values. Do not follow the fad or trend just to be in with the popular crowd. It’s the good man who’ll be the last man standing when everyone else have fallen to the ground.
- Do live in the present. Do not heap on all your hopes and dreams in your tomorrows. You can also do them today.
There you go. There's more of course. Say maybe you can add up with some yourself. But I have to end up here for now because I see a lovely morning outside my window and I sure would love a piece of that sunshine and that gorgeous breeze. See yah! :-)