Thursday, December 12, 2013

BEST IS ALWAYS GOOD


 

A good friend said... 'Not writing? What are you doing?!!' So she sent me another dozen of quotes. Gosh, what can you get with a friend like that?!! I know what ---- no rest!!  So here's one quote..... (Psst, I liked it anyhow.)

"He that holds fast the golden mean,
 And lives contentedly between
 The little and the great,
 Feels not the want that pinch the poor,
 Nor plagues that haunt the rich man's door."

--William Cowper

Contentment. That's not the music the young sing to. I know cos I was young once. Oh yes I was Lols! .... and it was a good time in my life. Young is when you think you are the king or queen of the world and that nothing is impossible...  until you fall flat on your face! But if your parents taught you well, you will stand up and try again. Like this old cliche -- ' Try and try again until you succeed.' But sadly nobody told you that you would fall flat on your face again. And again.... and again. And then finally you stand up weak and worn with all that old youthful bravado drained out of you finally realizing that you have never really left your place.

Oh well, it happens even to the best of us. 'Life can be a bitch', says my best friend.

Hey wait! this piece should be about contentment, right?

Oh but it is. Contentment is defined as a state of happiness and satisfaction. Now you will ask me... 'How can anyone be content with a situation defined as above?' Yeah, it does look miserable I will agree.

But when you have learned and learned well from your bad experiences, tribulations, struggles, strife, or whatever else one may call it ...  then you will rise up to that point where you can say to yourself --------- 'I did my best.' - 'Gave it my best shot.'

And you know what, BEST is always good. Best, to my mind, is that special kind of success which is not always achievable by lesser souls. Best is also where contentment resides. Your best is what God expects of you. Best with who you are and with what you have and then armed with that with what you do with your life. By God's design.

Have a good day, everyone. Give the day your best. Today won't come again. Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!