Monday, January 28, 2008

A NEW CHAPTER UNFOLDS

This post will begin a short series of writings done in another blog. I'm taking it here for someone dear to my heart. Bear with me on these, if you please. Thank you.
----------------------------------------------------------


January
will soon be over... a page which began and now is ending in this new chapter of my life... my family's life. Already this month took us into a swirl of things - new things, new people, new friends, new experiences, new insights and learning. If there is anything I would consider worthy for remembering, it's the learning done with every experience that came to us. I have learned too to -- weed out the 'undesirables' so as to preserve the integrity and value of those found to be excellent and worthy treasures to keep. I learned not to waste precious time thought and energy with those who don't even value themselves -- who have ceased to learn, grow, and develop. The same goes for projects too which no longer serve any good purpose, which have outlived their time, which have dried up and proved unworthy & unproductive.

I am going back to the basics of living -- which had been pushed aside for the distractions of modern living and people and things. Sometimes those wrapped in attractive packages are not the things that you truly need. I knew this before and am relearning it again (that's what life is all about 'learn, unlearn, relearn)... that conforming to the ways of the world does not bring you the true joy and happiness you richly deserve. That it can kick you out of track or shove you to the sides or down the cliff. I've seen this happen to friends close to me and I don't want that in my life, in my family.

Will be fine-tuning my radar on simplicity, honesty, sincerity, value, quality, on genuine thoughts intent content and purpose. Yeah, I know that could be difficult in a way -- with people wearing masks, with ofttimes things appearing differently on the surface (oh how it can!)... but... it would be worth the price in gold or so much more in digging in and finding it. One just has to seek them out to find them sometimes. It'll be the challenge.

Mom once told me....It's better, so much better, to be true to yourself... only then can you also be true to others and to the rest of the world and ----- GOD.

Bye for now! Back later.

---------------------------------

Back for a bit more.

You know, one can't really equate success with how much you have in your wallet. But some do. They say that money can do a lot of things for you... ease your way through difficult situations, difficult people, and a dozen other things which would seem hard to crack if you're in so much of a hurry. Money 'buys' your way through. I do have seen a lot of people do that 'cos they can afford to anyhow.. (rather than spend time effort and energy the conventional honest boring way). And that is looked upon by many as smart and successful. Funny, but that
looks more like losing bits of the soul every time money is used in that manner.
----------------------

I remember Mother say --
"if you want to attract abundance in your life, learn to open your hand, mind, and heart." I didn't understand that before as I was then young and full of self. But as the years rolled along and I got my share of experiences and life lessons... I found out what she meant. Give of yourself -- your time, energy, wisdom, truth, sympathy, strength, talent, faith -- all that you can use to serve others with. Share your blessings with sincere & honest openness and generosity without thought of gain or honor. And you'll be surprised how so much more is gained for yourself by losing 'you' to others. How can this be? It's simple. 'Whatsoever you shall sow, so shall you reap." Further, you gain for yourself a blessing each time you become a blessing to someone. Because that person would be lifting up ardent prayers to heaven for GOD to rain down tons of blessings upon you and your home.

Okay, am off for a bit. More later. Ciao!


3 comments:

  1. "I learned not to waste precious time thought and energy with those who don't even value themselves -- who have ceased to learn, grow, and develop. The same goes for projects too which no longer serve any good purpose, which have outlived their time, which have dried up and proved unworthy & unproductive."

    I love this part it is really what I have been feeling lately. Time is too prcious and I no longer have the time to waste on people who are unproductive, or who are not serving a purpose in my life!

    Thanks Ellen,
    Continued Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Regina,

    Have replied to this through your email ad. Thanks for this lovely visit. You light up the place each time with your messages. Take care pls.

    God bless you & everyone in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Give of yourself -- your time, energy, wisdom, truth, sympathy, strength, talent, faith -- all that you can use to serve others with."

    So wonderfully said. I will try to always visit this one whenever I feel that I am down and out.

    ReplyDelete

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!