Monday, April 14, 2014

WHAT'S ON MY MIND TODAY



 'So what's on your mind'?

Today it is this.....................

"Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up."  --- Pearl Buck (1892 - 1973)

It’s not every time that I want company, or listen to the noise of endless banter, or watch the chaotic human parade of other people’s lives. Sometimes that can be kind of vexing to the mind, wearying to the heart, and tiring to the soul. At times create some confusion and troubling vibrations turning my tiny world upside down. It’s startling how all these can touch my tiny corner of the world and leave it so drained.

Sometimes I simply want to be alone. To be there in that moment of just being ..... feel the soft breeze on my face – feel the warmth of the sun on my skin –  hear birds chirping on tree tops – feel the waters under my feet on the shore – touch the rough jagged bark of a tree – watch the sun go down on the horizon – let rain touch my skin – write my dreams on clouds of flight – To be still ....

Sometimes I simply want to be that little child again sat on God’s divine knees –  and tell him about a lot of things...... how Peter and Jane have hurt me – to ask him to make Billy the Bully a good boy so that he won’t bother me again when I walk by his house – to tell my mom and dad to please know why I cry when they leave for the office – to tell him how bad I feel because Santa Claus didn’t give me a Barbie Doll for Christmas – to ask him to make grandpa well again so that we could play – to thank him for letting Mom cook my favorite spaghetti with huge meatballs every Saturday YUMMY!  It felt good telling.

Sometimes I simply want to be with my thoughts – thinking of the past and the things it has left me with – thinking of the present and how it’s forming my tomorrows – wondering what my tomorrows will be like or when I will be finally gone.

Sometimes I simply want to be  – seeing my flaws, mistakes, imperfections – seeing how fragile and vulnerable I truly am – looking at my limitations, my borders, my walls – and yet understanding that I too have my own strengths, potential, and the power to dream. That everything there, good or bad, has shaped who I am. That all that was, is, and will be is the story of my life.

Then I know where I stand. Connected with self, connected with the world, connected with my God.

“Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that’s where you renew your springs that never dry up.” -Pearl Buck  (1892 – 1973)

Alone Time is a sacred place; make yours matter every time.
Have a lovely day, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!