Saturday, May 4, 2013

MAKE TODAY COUNT



One day I woke up in the morning with this strange feeling of....    Ohhhh there's so much to do.... What am I doing! I should be doing this (or that) ..... Time flies; gotta hurry or I'll be running out of time ..... Nothing's happening - can you believe that?! Nothing's happening! .... This doesn't seem to work; so what will??!! .....

When I told my best friend about this on the phone, she simply brushed it aside in one clean sweep with this quote...........

"Think not of the amount to be accomplished, the difficulties to be overcome, but set earnestly at the little task near your elbow, letting that be sufficient for the day;  for surely our plain duty is not to see what lies dimly at a distance but to do what lies clearly at hand." ----- Lifted from  'A Way Of Life'. Sir William Osler's speech to the students of Yale University

But what put me back safe and sane on the ground once more was this precious wisdom I remembered from the Book.............

Jesus said...

"So don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will have its own worries. Each day has enough worries of its own."  ----- Matthew 6:34

So, people, the next time you get into this same kind of frenzy look into the mirror, take a deep breath, and say... 'Today is what you have...  tomorrow has yet to come. Make TODAY count.'   And swiftly shall  peace, love, and happiness be restored in your spirit.

Okay, folks, be seeing you around;  got this something to do in a bit. Small stuff but I think it would be great to do it. Bye for now. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!