Monday, May 20, 2013

WHEN I SEE PEOPLE - I SEE STORIES


"Whatever we perceive in the world around us reflects who we are and what we care about most deeply, as in the old saying..... 'When a thief sees a saint, all he sees are his pockets."  --  Robert Frager (USA)

I find that quite intriguing and interestingly played in a gathering of humanoids whatever the occasion may be. On this particular day my daughter and I were at a fast-food store in a mall just some minutes away from the house. While my daughter was at the queue waiting for her turn to be served, I sat at our chosen table in a corner far from the maddening crowd. Noise of any kind is undoubtedly an irritant but unfortunately that word is synonymous to mall. So there!

And now for the people......

- a woman raised her eyebrows on seeing a lady walk past her table with an attractive LV bag in her arm
- an old man frowning at the misbehaving kids in the next table
- a middle-aged woman on seeing a young man sit at the table across hers slowly yet seriously slid her handbag down to her lap
- a man with silver hair smiled through his meal apparently enjoying his time and the crowd
- an old lady with a wistful look in her eyes gazing at the happy family two tables away
- a group of teenagers still in their school uniforms having fun at their table... while one of them smiles shyly while stealing glances at the cute boy sitting opposite her
- a middle-aged couple just sitting there while waiting for their order... not talking, not looking at each other, no spark in their eyes, zombies if you ask me
- and this woman with chin cupped in her hand and looking outside the door her thoughts seemingly far away

Ah yes, when I see people..... I see stories.
And then I write.

It's a big wide world out there -- What do you see? or how do you see it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

:-) Here's where I warmly welcome you and where you leave your footprints behind with fond memories attached to it of wonderful chats and friendships. Thank you for your comments. Or send your comments to ellen622@gmail.com. Will be seeing you in your blog too. God bless you!