I find that quite intriguing and interestingly played in a gathering of humanoids whatever the occasion may be. On this particular day my daughter and I were at a fast-food store in a mall just some minutes away from the house. While my daughter was at the queue waiting for her turn to be served, I sat at our chosen table in a corner far from the maddening crowd. Noise of any kind is undoubtedly an irritant but unfortunately that word is synonymous to mall. So there!
And now for the people......
- a woman raised her eyebrows on seeing a lady walk past her table with an attractive LV bag in her arm
- an old man frowning at the misbehaving kids in the next table
- a middle-aged woman on seeing a young man sit at the table across hers slowly yet seriously slid her handbag down to her lap
- a man with silver hair smiled through his meal apparently enjoying his time and the crowd
- an old lady with a wistful look in her eyes gazing at the happy family two tables away
- a group of teenagers still in their school uniforms having fun at their table... while one of them smiles shyly while stealing glances at the cute boy sitting opposite her
- a middle-aged couple just sitting there while waiting for their order... not talking, not looking at each other, no spark in their eyes, zombies if you ask me
- and this woman with chin cupped in her hand and looking outside the door her thoughts seemingly far away
Ah yes, when I see people..... I see stories.
And then I write.
It's a big wide world out there -- What do you see? or how do you see it?